Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Buttermilk pancakes and a king-size griddle



On Sunday, after an early-morning golf outing, I came home and made brunch on for my wife and I. On the menu - buttermilk pancakes with pure maple syrup, sunny-side up eggs, prosciutto, French roast coffee, and of course the requisite mimosas. Since I was quite busy at the helm, I didn't have the opportunity to take many pics, but above is an action shot of the enormous Presto electric griddle my wife bought for me recently. The pancake recipe is Alton Brown's buttermilk variety; they are quite delicious and go well with just maple syrup (butter not needed), and maybe some fresh blueberries on top. The large griddle really helps with making a size-able batch of pancakes in very little time.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing makes me happier than when my husband makes me pancakes for brunch! You think he got the hint when I bought him the grill for his birthday?

    ReplyDelete